Durham College Students Incorporated is seeking an External Director for its Board of Directors. This volunteer position to the board will provide external reflection on the work and direction of the Board.
We are seeking a community member of the Durham Region Community. Our ideal candidate would be someone who:
- is an alumnus of Durham College, and who is in good standing with the college, with preference given to someone who was a former member of the DCSI Board of Directors;
- is a dynamic leader in the non-profit, business, or government sector;
- has the ability to work as part of a team;
- has knowledge of finance, non-profit law, event planning, youth engagement, or communications; and
- can respect external and internal reporting structures and relationships.
The External Director will be responsible for attending one meeting a month which will be approximately 2-3 hours in length. There is a possibility for other meetings as may be necessary.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter outlining their interest in the position and a resume to the Board of Directors through the Secretary of the Board at Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4:00 p.m. on June 23, 2021. Any questions can also be directed to the Secretary of the Board.
Applicants will be invited to the June 28th Board of Directors meeting which will be held via Zoom at 6:00 p.m.
We welcome diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.