VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
Durham College Students Incorporated is seeking an External Community Director for its Board of Directors. This volunteer position will provide external reflection on the work and direction of the Board.
We are seeking an community member of the Durham Region Community. Our ideal candidate would be someone who:
- is an alumnus of Durham College, and who is in good standing with the college;
- is a dynamic leader in the non profit, business, or government sector;
- has the ability to work as part of a team;
- has a knowledge of finance, non profit law, event planning, youth engagement, or communications; and
- can respect for external and internal reporting structures and relationship.
The External Director will be responsible for attending one meeting a month which will be approximately 2-3 hours in length. There is a possibility for other meetings as may be necessary.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter outlining their interest in the position and a resume to the Chairperson of the Corporation at Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4:00 p.m. on June 11, 2018. Any questions can also be directed to the chair person as well.
We welcome diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.