The official and authorized version of this document is the PDF, in case of any formatting differences, the PDF is deemed correct.
REQUEST FOR QUOTE
REBRAND, GRAPHIC/WEB DESIGN FOR STUDENT GOVERNMENT, DURHAM COLLEGE STUDENTS INC.
Prepared and approved by:
The Management Committee
Durham College Students Inc.
REQUEST FOR QUOTATION
Please return this RFP by no later than the deadline contained in this RFQ in the manner stated. Late proposals will not be evaluated and will be destroyed.
The sole point of contact for questions regarding this RFQ document is:
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Durham College Students Inc.
and please label the email — RFQ Questions, DCSI Graphic and Web Design.
We are looking for a team to use their marketing and graphic design expertise to develop program brand standards (logo, colours, font), and create a website that represents Durham College’s student body. We’re seeking brand consistency throughout our company in its digital events and promotional materials, both in print media and online formats. This work would be on a contract basis, the designer will work with the communications and marketing coordinator. In addition to the redesign, we require student polling on the renaming and final combination options.
Durham College Students Inc. is a service-based student association. We put students’ needs at the forefront and provide quality campus engagement for every full-time student. Our services include our student radio station Riot Radio, our Student Health and Dental Plan, and our Outreach Services which provides an array of services including counselling, emergency food support, legal aid and more. We provide the student life on campus through our Events department and give a platform for student Clubs to form on campus. We offer other member services such as locker rental and graduate photography. We advocate for students in order to ensure all students get a quality, and equitable education.
We were united with the Ontario Tech Student union before 2017. Once the united student unions split we adopted our interim logo and name, but now feel it is time to strike a more clear independent brand that will stand the test of time on this campus.
Develop brand standards that are in line with our goal of a distinctly independent brand from Durham College, that is still easily identifiable to students as the official student association of Durham college.
- Web Design for new WordPress based website
- New Brand concepts
- Maintain, update and prepare existing DCSI material to meet brand standards.
- Utilize various software programs to receive student feedback on branding.
- Update all social media channels
- Create brand videos introducing organization
- Brand re-launch media (teasers, videos, graphics)
- Updated signage at student centre and all offices
- Demonstrate confidence and collaborative attitude with all team members
- Possibility of additional piecework contracts as required, depending on the DCSI’s needs
Please provide us with your hourly rate and estimated range of effort for each of the following required services. The ideal candidate will be available to complete all required services within the allotted timeline at a competitive rate.
|Required Service||Description||Completion Timeline||Hourly Rate ($/hour)||Estimated Effort (# of hours)|
|Brand Development||Work with DCSI Team to develop brand standards.||February 2021|
|Logo Design / Student Feedback||Work with DCSI to develop logos for web and print. Execute student feedback surveys.||February 2021|
|Web Design||Complete website re-design.||March 2021|
|Update / Create Promotional Materials||Work with DCSI to update all promo materials of services offered.||January- March 2021|
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality.
- Demonstrable graphic design skill with a strong portfolio.
- Able to work independently, set and prioritize projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and works well with others as part of a team.
- Up to date with industry software (In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Professionalism regarding time, cost, and deadlines.
Successful candidate must have access to a computer, design software, and office space. These items will not be provided by Durham College Students Inc.
- RFQ Posting –October 27, 2020
- RFQ Responses –November 17,2020 at 5 p.m.
- Presentations –Week of November 23, 2020
- RFQ Awarding – Dec 3, 2020
- The narrative submission document consisting of:
- Resume (for sole proprietorships) or summary of previous work done of this nature (for businesses)
- Cover letter highlighting the experience in performing the type of work in this area and the skill which can be brought to this project; and
- A backgrounder on your business.
- A quotation of hourly rate for providing required service type if necessary, or provided as a blended rate. This should be signed by either the sole proprietor or an officer or employee with authority to bind the corporation.
- Estimate number of hours needed to complete required services outlined above.
- Link to website and/or pdf portfolio of your past design work.
- Name and contact information of three previous clients who could be contacted to provide references for your work.
All responses to this Request for Quotations are due by November 17, 2020 at 5 p.m. (Eastern Time).
For all questions and final submissions please visit: http://dcstudentsinc.ca/procurement/
All questions received will be posted daily on this website for public access.
Any attempt to contact any other employee, officer, or director in a manner not provided for above will result in the disqualification of the bid, and a ban on providing any further bids in any Durham College Students Inc. RFP and RFQ processes for a period of 10 years.
- Durham College Students Incorporated will only receive submission through the method listed above.
- This is the final bid for the items. You will not be able to submit a further bid.
- Supplier's proposal shall be valid for sixty (60) days from the date of Supplier's submission. Supplier’s proposal shall be valid for sixty (60) days from the date of Supplier s submission. All prices shall be quoted in Canadian Funds.
- Bids will not be opened until the deadline has been reached.
- DCSI reserves the right to cancel or postpone this RFQ process.
- By submission of a proposal, each Vendor certifies that in connection with this procurement:
- The prices in this proposal have been arrived at independently, without consultation, communication, or agreement, for the purpose of restricting competition, as to any matter relating to such prices with any other Vendor or with any competitor;
- Unless otherwise required by law, the prices which have been quoted in this proposal have not been knowingly disclosed by the Vendor and will not knowingly be disclosed by the Vendor prior to bid opening, directly or indirectly to any other Vendor or to any competitor; and
- No attempt has been made or will be made by the Vendor to induce any other person or firm to submit or not to submit a proposal for the purpose of restricting competition.
- Payment will be billed monthly on the business day closest to the 30th day of every month and that invoice will be paid by DCSI by electronic transfer of funds within fifteen days. The successful bid may negotiate alternate payment arrangements if so desired.
- All submission will be confidential and will become the property of Durham College Students Incorporated. The information will be retained 30 days after the contract is awarded and then will be destroyed.
- Failure to abide by the terms and conditions of the RFQ process will result in the disqualification of the bid, and a ban on providing any further bids in any Durham College Students Inc. RFP and RFQ processes for a period of 10 years. In addition to any criminal or civil liability which could be incurred.
The RFQ will be reviewed by committee to ensure the best fit for the organization. This will not necessarily mean the lowest bid will be successful. The Committee will review items such as previous work of this nature, per hour billing, and ability to meet timeframe. DCSI will select candidates to a presentation to discuss their previous work and ensure organizational fit.